I know this may not make much since at first, but after you watch the video below I think it will make much more since. None the less, here are the basics:
- You'll often want to use elements like video and autoresponder scripts that require you to insert "behind the scene" code needed to operate the components. Unfortunately, in the visual editor of WordPress, you will not be able to see the scripts that you paste in. In other words, when editing your posts, you can't see where the object is. Makes it very difficult to find things that way.
- Also, when switching back and forth between the HTML view and the Visual Editor view, the plug in does a small bit of formatting, sometimes producing unwanted results to your layout and your scripting codes.
In comes the Embed It plug in for WordPress. Here's how it works:
- If you ever want to embed video, autoresponders, or other kinds of scripts involving the source code, Stay in the Visual Editor.
- Put your cursor where you want you object to go and Insert the predefined key phrase [HTML#] into the Visual Editor. (where # represent numbers 1-9. For example, , , , …up to
- In the Custom Fields Section, add the respective code you want to substitute in for the key phrase. The Name of the fields should be HTML# respectively where the # sign represents either 1-9 from the content section.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In the Visual Editor you DO use the surrounding [ ]. When imputing the Custom Field value, there are NO [ ].
As of July, this plug in comes with our blog installation service. However, if you do not already have this plug:
Then Watch The Video Below To See A Demonstration.